We're here to keep you safe! Read our latest guidance for when you visit after 19th JulyFind out more
Why Our Pub is Great
With a great location, convenient for the M1 and just down the road from Bolsover Castle, The Little Castle is a perfect place to eat in Chesterfield. Our light, modern building includes a beer garden and a fine bar serving a wide range of ales, wines, ciders, and draught beers. And with a menu that includes a daily carvery and tons of proper pub grub, we’re sure to have something you fancy.
Looking after the whole family is what we do. We serve a hearty, healthy children’s menu with loads of choice and healthy extras. From a mini carvery followed by pud, they’ll love their food as much as you love the prices. Got teeny-tiny ones to worry about? Our indoor toddler activity zone will give them plenty to do, while you sit down and relax.
If you’re feeling extra hungry, go for our large carvery plate (boasting an extra slice of meat, an extra Yorkshire, and even more stuffing). We do burgers, classic pub mains, sharing platters, and plenty of puds, many of which are included in our legendary Cake Carry Out: if your pudding’s too big, or you just want to savour it later, you can take it home!
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
Our food is full of flavour, created and served by chefs who love what they do. We believe that great tastes should be at the heart of every meal, and we strive to bring you a menu that reflects the preferences of the whole family. From traditional roasts, to more modern options, healthy eaters to vegetarians, there’s plenty on our menu to satisfy everyone.
All of our ingredients are ethically sourced: like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken and our responsibly-caught cod.View our Menus